Saturday 8 August 2015

A LIFE ONLINE



I had thoughts about starting a blog and especially a Youtube Channel long before I gained the courage to put myself online. It is a very tricky thing when you first start out. I began a Youtube Channel first and I tell you now it was the most awkward thing talking to a camera on your own and having the ability to act normal. Now its as easy as anything and people ask me isn't it weird though, your almost talking to yourself?

At first of course it is a tad out of the ordinary but this is only like learning how to do something new. Most things you learn or experience for the first time may seem a little strange but as time goes on it becomes the normal thing to do.

I saw a video a long time ago asking 'Why do you put your life online?'

This is an easy question to answer as I don't really see it that way. I think some people have this perception that Bloggers, Youtubers and anyone who takes selfies for say an Instagram Makeup Page is that we are vain and love ourselves. This is so far from the truth its almost funny. Yes I take a lot of pictures of myself whether its for a makeup post on Instagram, a fashion post on my blog or a Thumbnail for my Youtube videos. It is not about loving yourself, it is about sharing with people that may want to listen.

Although as we are on the subject of loving yourself, is that a bad thing? I would encourage everyone to love themselves and be true to who they are. If you think your a stunning beauty or you are incredibly talented then that is amazing. It isn't always that easy but when you get to that point everyone else judgement of you whether it be good or bad, will not even matter as the only perception of yourself that matters is your own.

The bad side of the term 'LOVING YOURSELF' is when you start to think you are better than the people around you. You are not more beautiful, more talented or more valued from the people you pass in the street. I think it all gets a bit confusing, yes there are people that are vein because they believe that other people are below them and they are better. These are people I tend to stay away from because their energy and presence is not something I would ever want to be associated with.

Putting my life on online is actually very easy, obviously there are some personal aspects of my life that I do not share. You have to have a part of your life that has the privacy you would expect anyone else to want.

I put myself online to inspire, share, evolve and hopefully start something for myself.
Its a beautiful way of talking to people who are interested in similar things, that you would never speak to. They could live down the road from you or live in a different country. The opportunities are endless and I believe in taking those opportunities as they could lead on to amazing things. I do not mean yes you could be the worlds best blogger and be earning millions, I mean you learn about yourself, you communicate with like minded people that could possibly blossom into the best friendships.

Katy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment