Tuesday 7 July 2015

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL | 4th Year Anniversary



Good Afternoon Loves,
Me and Al have been dating for over 4 years now, its strange to how fast it has flown by. We first began dating after been friends so we were already pretty comfortable with each other. It was really easy to be myself around him and not feel on edge like you may do with someone new as you juggle with the fact you might not want to show your full self to someone when your trying to make a good impression. Me and Al live together now and money can be tight so we just went out for a nice meal, it was nice just to go out and have a relaxing meal together. 

My hair has started to fade from the purple I had originally to the grey she mixed with the purple to get a dark ashy purple. I didn't go for a full face of makeup as I planned to wear a purple berry top and I had purple hair so I thought it would be wise to tone it down. I decided to go with a nice subtle pale purple cut crease using the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette.


Moisturise and Prime your skin, it is very important to ensure your makeup lays smoothly and it will keep your skin hydrated and healthy especially if you are putting a lot of products on to your skin. I used the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Moisturiser 
and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

Apply foundation evenly and work in a circular and patting motions, this will move spread your foundation evenly and the patting will set it in place. Otherwise you may not get even coverage. I used a small amount of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Bone and the Real Techniques Sculpt Brush, a small amount of this foundation goes an exceptionally long way.


Lightly dust the blush over the balls of your cheeks. This blush is a mixture of 2 different shades from the Makeup Revolutions Ultra Blush and Contour Palette in Sugar and Spice. The two bottom right shade's, Light Peach and the Shimmer Pink. I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush as it picks up less product so leaves a light layer of colour. I do find that smaller brushes apply too much product and your cheeks starts to look like a pink golf ball.


As I mentioned above I used the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette to create a subtle purple cut crease eye. I applied the colour Strange to the eyelid for a base colour, lightly swept Buzz into the crease and applied Mugshot to darken the outer V. To add a bit more depth I created a very thin wing using the New Look Pure Colour Waterproof Ink Eyeliner Pen and applied plenty of the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara to my lashes.

Being a blonde I use the Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbow Pomade in Medium Brown using the an angled brush. I only use a very small amount and then top up as I shape the brow line to create defined eyebrows.


A few swipes of the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Lipstick in Intense Nude to define those lips and a light layer of The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer to Highlight for that healthy glow.

The only finishing touch is tame my hair. My hair is naturally curly so to gain these curls all I need is the Babyliss 2100 Elegance Hairdry, Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Skinny Curls Slimming Creme and Tresemme Spray Hair Spray (I am sad to say this has been discontinued). I do usually curl the tops of my hair for a more curlier appearance however I was happy with these loose waves.

This outfit is quite a smart-casual outfit but the colour scheme just came together perfectly. My hair, top and eye colour were all a matching dark berry purple. This top had chunky black beads on and I managed to grab this for £1 in the Next sale, Bargain Hey! My trusty Highwaisted Black Topshop Jeans and a smart black Blazer from Next, also purchased for £12. I added black accessories to pull this outfit together. The shoes are from Justfab and Bumbag is from Primark.

And were done and ready to get our butt out of the door, speed has never been my strong suit! Thanks for reading! If your like this post leave your comments below.

Katy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment