Saturday 25 July 2015

Getting Lost In It


If you are a Makeup or any type of Art enthusiast you will understand the term 'Just Getting Lost In It'. This is so easy to do when you’re creative freedom is let loose and your eyes start to see the world and life in a whole new light. After my makeup post 'Butterfly Tropics', I developed a love for over exaggerated makeup. That look was very colorful and vibrant; I began to feel I needed to experiment with darker and gothic inspired tones. I didn't want it to look vampire-esque as I do feel sometimes it can become slightly childlike and you start to morph towards a Halloween inspired look. I wanted to keep it high fashion and have a depth of femininity to it.


I feel there is a lot of movement in this look even though makeup obviously doesn't move. What I mean by this, is that you can move around with this type of look and it redefines the shape of your face from all different angles. It is mind blowing how you can change the face with makeup by targeting certain areas to enhance certain features, and hiding those flaws that you don't want people to see.

You can see this in the transformation below; the look is very heavily focused around the eyes and the eyebrows. However I am very happy I stayed true to my vision that darkness doesn't need to be blood and gore. It reminds me of a very sensual Queen of The Damned type of look.


 Products Used



As you can see from the Products used above, not a lot of makeup was used for this look and surprisingly it did not feel heavy. I really liked wearing it actually; it was such a change to what society deems your everyday makeup to be.

I hope you like this fun look and if you have any inspirational looks you would like me to experiment with then please these those in the comments below. If you are a blogger and would like to collaborate on an exaggerated post please either leave your comments below, email me or tweet me. I will definitely get back to you.

Email | katy.harmston@gmail.com
Tweet | @katyharmston

Have a lovely Saturday and if you want to express yourself, why not...


Katy xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Great post dear!

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete