Friday 14 August 2015

A MINI ART HAUL


If you follow my blog or any form of social media you will be aware that I am a partime Artist and I am working on a Black and White Collection. I am having alot of fun just working with Graphite tones however the only thing I absolutely hate about Graphite Pencils is the fact graphite is reflective. With this in mind I wanted to try some charcoal as I love how soft and smooth graphite is and after researching an alternative I found Charcoal. Obviously I was previously aware of Charcoal but had never used it in my own artwork. I do want to get my hands on powder charcoal and apply it with a brush. 

I bought the Derwent Charcoal Pencil Tin 6 Piece for this reason, it was £8.00 for 6 different toned charcoal pencils. They come in a smart slimline silver tin along with a sharpener which is always handy. Its is the perfect size to travel with and I have always had good experiences with Derwent Art Supplies.

Along with these I bought the Daler and Rowney Willow Charcoal in order to try and used them with a brush, but I haven't tested this as of yet. You get 12 pieces in this set and at £2.50 it is well worth testing them for that price.

As I explained previously I am currently working on a Black and White Collection. Unfortunately my Black Faber Castell Polychromo Pencil was getting very small, so it was time to repurchase. Faber-Castell Polychromos and Prismacolor Pencils are my absolute favourite coloured pencils to draw with. 

All Art equipment was purchased from Hobbycraft . It is slightly more expensive than an Online Art Store like Cass Arts, however I am the type to want something then and there. Hobbycraft does have an Arts Sale starting today but as I said earlier, I didn't really want to wait for the sale to start.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Katy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment