Tuesday 9 June 2015

New Youtube Art Channel | Drawing Baby Daniel



It was my nephew Daniels First Birthday on the 29th May and I wanted to do something special, something that my brother James and his girlfriend Nicola could keep through the years. They had just moved into a new house so it was perfect timing for this. I had already bought him presents for his birthday but this was a special surprise. My brother has always been an enthusiast when it comes to my Art, so not only was it a present for Daniel but for the whole family. I had a really good picture of  Daniel on a swing which I decided to go with. He looks more mature in his face now so it was a great time to do a drawing as he is growing into his looks.

This drawing was a serious test as I hadn't drawn a baby before, but I believe in jumping in and seeing what happens. In this case it clearly paid off and I was incredibly happy and proud of the results. It did take me over a week to complete and approximately 22 hrs, so it was hard work and patience became my best friend.

When I start a drawing I always start with an outline and then build up texture and colour with the medium I am using. For this drawing I used Faber Castell Polychromo Pencils and Prismacolor Pencils on an A3 Winsor & Newton Bristol Board.
 




 
You do have to be very patient with a drawing this realistic but when it is finished it is such an amazing feeling, and at that point you know all the time and effort was worth it. To finalise this piece I put it in a nice clean black frame with a black and white border. Without a doubt the best present I have ever given.
 


I had been meaning to launch an Art YouTube Channel to link with my Beauty and Fashion Channel for some time but drawing and painting videos do take a long time to film and edit. This piece is my first speed drawing which is now up on my Channel.

I hope you like this drawing and video which you can watch above, please rate and subscribe as I will be uploading more videos. I am working on a collection of prints and I am currently in the process of setting up an online store for prints and commissions. This will be updated on my channel and here on my blog so make sure you hit that follow button to keep up to date.
 
Thanks for reading and watching!
Chat Soon
Katy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment