Wednesday 1 April 2015

Curly Hair Care Haul and First Impressions


I have been looking for the best product's for curly hair for quite a while now. My method is a mixture of my natural curls and Curling Tongs, however I was starting to notice that my hair was starting to look frizzy. To find the perfect product you can continually research to look for reviews, but everyone's hair is different so just because it works for someone it doesn't necessarily mean its going to be the perfect product for you. Trial and Era is my method of finding products that work for me.

On my way home I stopped by Boots to find some good products for my curly hair. I was looking for some Hair Spray, Curling Crème, Definition Curling Spray and Shampoo and Conditioner. After mooching around Boots for as long as I could before they shut I bought the products listed below and used them the very same evening.
 
 



 
L’Oréal is one of my favourite high-street brands and I have seen this hair spray all over the TV and advertisements. I bought the biggest can you can purchase as it was three for two so I thought I might as well. It feels really lightweight on your hair, not sticky but provides a good hold. It keeps my curls in for a while before they start to drop which will eventually happen due to the length and weight of my hair. The only thing I didn’t think about when buying this can size is that I have quite small hands, so it does get a bit difficult when spraying my hair and holding the can with the same hand. I sometimes have to move to both hands which starts to look a little weird. Its a nice lightweight product with a firm hold and non sticky so I completely understand why this hairspray is one of the more popular choices.
 
This spray I absolutely love, it defines my curls perfectly. I spray it on my newly washed hair when its damp, along with the Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Crème and it smells lovely. Perfect for ringlet curls or wavy hair. I did slowly blow-dry my hair upside down and it made my hair feel thicker and gave it more body. So if you have thin hair it might be worth trying this product to add some body and volume into your hair.
This crème feels like a moisturiser, it is very thin in consistency and doesn’t feel sticky at all. I decided to try this as the sales assistant in Boots advised me that her mum uses this range for her curly hair and swears by this cream. It smells lovely and just glides through your hair. This product combined with the John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Styling Spray gave my hair instant volume. Even if your hair isn’t curly but you like a full body head of hair I would 100% advise you to try this combination.
This shampoo isn’t the best shampoo I have ever tried. I had to use quite lot for it to even cover all of my hair. Yes I have a lot of hair but it didn’t even make my hair feel nice. As I was rubbing the shampoo into my hair I noticed straight away that it made my hair feel so dry, almost straw like. I think the packaging is beautiful and instantly gives it a high quality product appearance, but in my opinion this shampoo does not work for me. I think I get better results with my original Tremsemme Shampoo, even if this shampoo was to be amazing for curls I cannot get around how it makes my hair feel. I would not recommend this shampoo but if you love then please leave your comments below.


As I said above the packaging for this Hair Care range is just too beautiful. The pink packaging just instantly caught my attention. The conditioner made my hair feel so much smoother after applying the dreaded shampoo, however I wouldn’t necessarily buy it again. I didn’t notice any drastic difference to non-curling conditioners I have used.
It was not my plan to buy this shampoo but I am so glad I did. I know a lot of people who use the silver shampoo to instantly brighten their hair instead of constantly colouring their natural blonde. I did not think I would see an instant difference as it says use twice a week on the bottle but this stuff is incredible. I noticed that my hair was so much brighter and trust me when I say, a small amount goes a long way. A small amount of this shampoo covered my whole head of thick hair and as I kept rubbing it into my hair the lather of the shampoo just got thicker and thicker. I would 100% advise that you try this if you want to brighten your hair.  
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this Blog Post!
If you would like to see a tutorial of these curls then please leave your comments below. 
 
 
Katy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment